Publication of Comprehensive Compilation of Goryeo Paintings (U.S. and European Edition)
A Joint Project by the Korea Foundation for Advanced Studies and Zhejiang University
- The first volume of the Comprehensive Compilation of Goryeo Paintings (U.S. and European Edition) was published in partnership with the Asia Research Center of Zhejiang University. Zhejiang University is located in Hangzhou, which was the capital of the Southern Song Dynasty. This collaboration project was launched in 2013 to revisit the Goryeo culture, which enjoyed close ties with the Southern Song Dynasty, and to publish its precious art.
- Zhejiang University had previously carried out the cultural project, The Series of Ancient Chinese Paintings, and published a series of major ancient Chinese paintings, including A Collection of Song Dynasty Paintings and A Collection of Yuan Dynasty Paintings.
The Publication of the Comprehensive Compilation of Goryeo Paintings (U.S. and European Edition)
- This compilation contains 33 Goryeo paintings and artworks from museums across the U.S. and Europe, ten of which are introduced for the first time as an artwork collection. The collection includes all certified Goryeo paintings.
- Detailed close-up images are included to better view the subtle expressions distinct to Goryeo paintings. Printed all in color and comes in large dimensions (305mm x 435mm).
- In-depth explanations by internationally-renowned experts on Goryeo paintings in four languages, (Korean, English, Chinese, and Japanese) thereby contributing to research on Goryeo and East Asian art history.
Book Launch and Exhibition
- 2017: The book launch was held at Zhejiang University for the 25th anniversary of the establishment of Korea-China diplomatic relations.
- 2018: Comprehensive Compilation of Goryeo Paintings was on display during the National Museum of Korea's special exhibition “Goryeo: The Glory of Korea.” This special exhibition was held for the 1100th anniversary of the founding of the Goryeo Dynasty.